Sunday, June 17, 2007

Busch Race



I wasn't going to watch the Busch race, until I realized that not many cup guys would be in it. I really hate the Busch series, because if I want to watch the cup race then I'll watch it on Sunday! But this week, we got a break from the extended cup series and got to see the Busch Series.

Unfortunately, it looked like Carl Edwards was going to ruin everything by winning the race. But then Steve Wallace got into the back of him and both of them wrecked. Now, his interview kind of puzzled me. He was taking the high road saying that it was kind of his fault too, etc. But how come last year when Jr. wrecked him or whatever he waited in the pits and then nearly took his arm off by hitting the side of Jrs car? Maybe it was all Jrs fault that time, I dunno, I didn't see that race...I was watching REAL racing at the local short track :D

The big disappointment this week was that my favorite Busch driver, Regan Smith (his car is pictured above, I took it at Richmond), had lead the most laps until he had problems on pit road, putting him 2 laps down. Eventually he got back on the lead lap but was only able to finish 19th :( The best part was he had what Sterling's paint Scheme is this week, Waste Management and all! Oh, well...maybe another week.

Anyway, Steven Leicht won. I would have LOVED to see I busch regular winning a Busch race, something I have yet to see because every time I don't watch the Busch race, a busch regular wins...or so it seems. And last night was no different. With about 30 laps to go I fell asleep on the couch. It was like, 11:00 and I had a pillow and a blanket...can you really blame me? I was actually really interested in the race, but the couch took the better of me and I wasn't able to see the end.

No comments: