Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Where will Kyle Busch land?


Kyle Busch could land in a pile of horse manure for all I care, but since I guess he's an important person in the NASCAR world, I'll talk about him. I haven't read any rumors about him, so this is all just coming straight from what I think.

I think that Kyle Busch could very well switch manufacturers, so I wouldn't automatically eliminate all non-Chevy teams like we could do with Jr. I also think that he wants to be top dog at an organization, I don't think that's a good idea from an owner's standpoint, but I think that's what Kyle wants. We know he couldn't go to Roush, because the inn is all ready overbooked there, so count them out. I wouldn't suspect him to go to a Toyota team, because he also wants to win races, and we all know how impatient he is. He's not going to want to wait for a team to develop, so that eliminates all the Toyota teams, Haas, Hall of Fame, Robby Gordon's team, Morgan McClure, and probably Ginn. I know that many people suspect he's going to Penske (okay, so I've payed a little bit of attention), but I don't think so. Penske is probably going to add Sam Hornish Jr. in the near future, and I don't think they'd be ready to take on two teams so quickly. Evernham is way over his head as it is, he doesn't need a Busch to complicate that even more. So what does that leave us with?

DEI-They're looking for a replacement for Jr, and they've shown with Martin Truex that they can play with the big boys. And how ironic would it be if he ended up in Jr's old ride?

Gibbs-I don't know if he'd quite fit in with the other drivers, but look where Jr. ended up! I'm not quite sure that Gibbs wants to take on another team right now, but I could be wrong. Gibbs is a top team that can deal with Hendrick, the kind of place that Busch probably wants. He might not want to be teammates with Tony though, because then he'd be in the same place that he was at Hendrick.

RCR-Kevin Harvick doesn't want him as a teammate, but I think it's a real possibility. I don't think that Childress would be at all "afraid" of Busch, in fact, Childress has taken in similar drivers (Kevin Harvick) and honed their ability. They're a top team and I don't think Busch would be seen totally at the bottom. He'd probably feel a little left out though, because I think that the Burton/Harvick combination is a really strong one. I expect that Childress will try to get Busch, and I don't think Busch would mind driving for RCR.

No comments: