Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sponsorship woes

When I found out that the number 13 and 14 cars were unsponsored at New Hampshire, I was at a barn where I had been staying at for a week. One of the owner's is a Sterling fan, and he was telling me about qualifying. I asked him where he qualifyed and I thought THAT was bad enough (41st, if you don't remember), "But the worst part is he was in an all black car," That certaintly was the worst part.

The reason for this? Ginn felt that it would make it clearer to sponsors that they needed them. While this is true, it also made the team look bad, like the team nobody wanted. Why would anyone want to give $12 to that?

I don't see why Sterling and Joe can't find sponsors and guys outside of the top 35 can. At least Sterling and Joe are garunteed into the show every week. And if not for some bad luck they would both be way higher in the standings. Unfortunatly, not many big important company people WATCH NASCAR so they wouldn't realize that Sterling has had some good runs this year.



I'm mad at Waste Management for bailing out. I don't know how much they've decided to leave, hopefully not completley. But if you noticed last week the quarter panels on his car were bare. Normally, Ginn would just put the Ginn logo on it, but I guess again he wants to show that there's room.

Jay Frye said about a week and a half ago that they were coming close on a sponsorship deal for Sterling, but I haven't heard anything else on that since. Hopefully it didn't fall through. I wish the Panasonic thing had worked out, I REALLY liked that car.

I was mad about the whole situationa and I still kind of am, but really it's just kind of sad. Sterling wants to go out with a bang, but how is he supposed to do that if they can't find a sponsor? I just hope that he isn't kicked to the curb because of all of this. So if anyone knows somone that's really high up in a super rich company, then maybe you could pull a few strings?

No comments: